Re: What will be changed forever
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 12:24:05 -0700 (PDT)
Brian, this misses the point. It’s very easy to go off in a million directions
when looking at any one subject. The point of the email was Clark’s subject,
not the million other ways the subject could be discussed. Missing the point
just starts another on and on argument with no resolution or enlightenment.

Clark is looking at is what is — what do the economic data tell us. As an
economist, his research and writing analyze what has happened economically
through the centuries. He is looking at total economic production. He found
that when we increase on one end, we have also increased on the other end.
Progress and innovation, however you define them or what causes them, have
never been equally distributed globally.

> But they reason people don't
> have ventilators is because they are herding cattle for a living
> instead of working in a ventilator factory.

Clark’s subject has nothing to do with why.  He isn’t addressing ventilators vs
cows. He is addressing a global economic phenomenon and how it has been
manifested historically. And contradicts the belief that life is so much better
today than it was 500 years ago. Well, not for the majority of people.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC