Re: Consensus Decision Making Using a Digital Platform
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 08:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Liz and everyone,

I wouldn't like to see the chat feature turned off and unavailable in Zoom meeting, since I find it very useful and even an advantage vs. an in-person meeting. Perhaps the facilitator(s) don't need to monitor and respond to the chats, except the ones privately to them, leaving the chat for responses and comments to the room and for private conversations, so the facilitator can concentrate on the flow of the meeting. If someone wants to raise a point for the facilitator to respond to or for the group to discuss, they can "raise your hand" and get recognized by the facilitator.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing