Re: community license for Zoom Pro?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 09:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
> On Apr 27, 2020, at 12:54 PM, Muriel Kranowski <murielk [at] vt.edu> wrote:
>
> If your community has purchased a Zoom Pro license, how is that working for
> you? Especially if you have many smaller and larger teams needing to use it.

Some of our members have their own Zoom Pro accounts so we haven’t used the
free version that is time limited. We are using it for all meetings now.

The only difficulty I’ve had is with our Bylaws Revisions team. It’s hard to
have all the people on the screen and to open documents to refer to or edit. I
find it also find it difficult to refer to  the paper documents while I’m
working on the laptop. It takes longer to find the right one and people are
waiting. In large membership meetings I’m not usually referring to documents.

Today I had 5 documents open at the same time. I made the Zoom window very
small because there were only 6 people. With a larger meeting that would be
harder to do and still see everyone. Today I had the Zoom window covered, but
when I do that I tend to forget I’m still on video, and I don’t see who else is
raising their hand.

The ease of having no limit on meetings and using Zoom for all meetings is very
nice. I suspect there are other added features too. I think it would be a good
investment.

I’ve also wondered if it would be possible for CohoUSA to have a corporate
membership communities can use, or Gather to negotiate a fee to add it to their
program.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines