Re: Cats - indoor outdoor or both in cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 13:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 28, 2020, at 2:52 PM, Susan Coberly <susandgeorge [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Susan from LaQuerencia aka Fresno Cohousing (Fresno CA, USA), with a
> question and asking for comments / ideas about outdoor or indoor / outdoor
> cats in cohousing community.

We had both indoor and outdoor cats when we moved in. Some of us believed that
we had an agreement that there would be no more outdoor cats. But people were
not being told that by owners and people moved in with them.

We finally got a pet policy that grandfathered in the current outdoor cats and
prohibited any more.

Grandfathering is a great way to get policies changed. No one wants to get rid
of their cats.

One persuasive argument was that outdoor cats live significantly shorter lives
than indoor cats. "If you love your cats so much why do you want them outside?”
Argument by an indoor cat person. (not me).