Re: Cats - indoor outdoor or both in cohousing
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 17:13:46 -0700 (PDT)
We adopted a cat policy only after a few years of living together, when the
obvious problems had become even more obvious. As at Takoma Village, we
agree to grandfather the then-current outdoor cats but to prohibit new
ones. All those original outdoor cats are long deceased. I think this
policy has worked well.

Re the concern that such a policy might make sales more difficult, one of
our original founding couples dropped out of the project because we didn't
have a no-outdoor-cats policy at that time. The man was a passionate birder
and was not willing to live where his neighbors' cats could be outside
killing birds at any time. Also, I know that some people, more recent
purchasers, did rehome their non-indoor cat(s) in order to live here.
   Muriel at Shadowlake Village