Information on financial arrangements in cohousing
From: Brian Cohen (brian.n.cohengmail.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 05:25:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

My name is Brian Cohen and I am new to this listserve. I joined a few weeks
ago based on advice from friend and Jewish co-housing advisor Roger
Studley. I am part of a group attempting to create Jewish co-housing in
Brooklyn, called Brooklyn Moshav. We have been meeting for over two years
and are starting to get financial arrangements in order as we look for real
estate.

I am wondering if anyone can point to or share their own financial
structure as we venture into the world of co-housing. We have talked a lot
about various ideas:
1) Forming an LLC that purchases the property and then each family unit
buys their own unit back, with shared costs for shared spaces (like a
common apartment or something).
2) Buying individual condo units from new development.
3) Sharing resources somehow (where wealthier participants provide loans to
less wealthy to purchase property).
4) Rental models
5) and more

What advice can you give us? Who would be willing to talk to me more
one-on-one about your own communities arrangements? Where can I find more
detailed information?

Thanks all,
Brian