Re: Cats - indoor outdoor or both in cohousing
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 08:52:42 -0700 (PDT)
Morgan Frost <frostm [at] seattleu.edu>
after deleting quoted digest and restoring subject line.

Here at Vashon Cohousing near Seattle, WA we have an indoor-only cat
policy. Our reasoning is primarily for the birds! This has been in
place I think since the beginning 30 years ago (we moved here 5 years
ago). Our dog policy is in a state of evolution, though, that's been
an active topic for us over the last year since there are many
opinions. Seems to be less opinions on the cat front.

I like what someone said about grandfathering current cats! Seems like
a good way to improve the future state without causing major conflicts
with current residents. (also outdoor cats typically live *much*
shorter lives, so presumably (and sadly) the grandfathered cats who go
outside will taper off sooner than if their owners kept them inside).

Cheers,
Morgan