Re: membership management software
From: Stefani Danes (sl47andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks very much for your advice.  I’ll look through those archived
conversations.  When I asked about being more specific, our person initiating
this effort gave me this reply.  Thank you for your help, and I apologize if
this is more than you want.

Stefani

"Here is what I consider an ideal solution, which would minimize (maybe
eliminate) the need for human intervention along the way.
Prospects would log in to our website and provide their contact information
for follow up from us.
This information would automatically be captured by the membership management
software, which can then initiate a set of protocols that we agreed to in
advance  - i.e. send an e-mail response with information regarding  next
meeting, etc.
For prospects who choose to become explorer members, it can take their
application and accept payment in a variety of ways. In the membership
software, their status would be changed from a prospect to an explorer member
and a membership ledger created which tracks their cumulative payments.
For explorer members who choose to become equity members, the software can
process their payments,  change their membership status from explorer to equity
member, and track their additional payments on their membership ledger.
Explorer and equity can access the data base to see where stand with payments
towards their overall investment target. This would eliminate the need for a
volunteer to provide this information - members can access their own record on
demand.  We can include in their record their overall investment target so they
can see how much more their need to invest as they go along.
The software can be a communication platform for the members during the
development stage as well after we become homeowners.
The membership software will be linked to Quickbooks on line - as payments are
received, they will be automatically update cash for the deposit and credit an
account for the type of payment received (Explorer vs Equity member vs
donations etc).
Some vendors can help us establish the website for a fee. This can be very
helpful to ensure the website is designed with all the features we need it to
include.
Most vendors have a tiered fee structure based on the number of member records
being maintained. This can be ideal for us - we adjust the fee based on the
number of records we choose to maintain.  Once the project is completed and we
have moved in,  the number of member records we need to maintain would drop and
our fee would also decrease.
We can use this same infrastructure once we are a  homeowners association, so
we can track monthly payments for all homeowners and identify anyone who is
getting behind in their payments."