Re: Re-inhabiting the common house
From: Henning Mortensen (hmortensengmail.com)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 20:28:02 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Rosewind,
If I were in your situation, with no active cases in your area, provided
you don't have members driving out of your community to go to work in
Portland you should be able to set up your community as a COVID-free zone.
If everyone limits outside exposure and isolates if they feel unwell, you
are likely safe. You would risk one of you becoming infected outside the
community, and spreading it to the rest of you. However, if everyone tries
to stay home. where would an outbreak start? This idea of the cohousing
'household' is an idea that likely won't work in many communities, but it
may work in some of them. The problem is that the devil is in the details.
And of course, welcoming non-members is still a ways off.

Just an idea, I have no medical training, so that may be utter garbage.
Henning Mortensen
Prairie Spruce Commons Cohousing, 1 year in, Regina, Sk