Keynote for Heart of Community
From: Karen Gimnig (karencohousgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 13:14:37 -0700 (PDT)
Announcing our keynote speaker for Heart of Community:

If ever there was a time to lean into our shared humanity, this is it.
There is an African proverb that says “if you want to go fast, go alone. If
you want to go far, go together.” Together, we can forge and strengthen
connection and community in spite of our differences. We can listen better,
communicate better, and understand better, even when we disagree. More than
anything, this requires intention and the willingness to practice. Mary
Gaylord is the Managing Partner of Living Room Conversations, an
organization that has developed over 100 conversation guides on a variety
of topics that can sometimes be challenging to talk about with friends,
strangers, and even loved ones of differing backgrounds and political
persuasions. Join us as Mary shares insights, inspiration, and practical
ideas for initiating and nurturing healthy communication and connection
with each other — even when it's not easy!

https://www.cohousing.org/2020-heart/

--
Karen Gimnig
Communications Director