Chickens
From: Melanie G (gomelaniegogmail.com)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 20:34:50 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Ron, I am so glad to know you wanted to consider your neighbors.  I am
also thrilled to know you have attempted to be vegan.  And wonder if the
anemia is a result of dietary choices, and not necessarily to do with being
vegan.

""Meat intake is not necessary to avoid anemia." But having a balanced diet
is."
https://www.bustle.com/p/can-you-be-vegan-if-youre-anemic-this-is-what-experts-say-19209613

Have you seen the films I linked in the previous email?  I highly recommend
them.  Neither of them are hard to look at, even for the "squeamish".  They
do however, contain a ton of information that I think anyone who is health
conscious, both human and planetary, would benefit from learning.

About the eggs, chickens are specially bred to produce an egg per day,
which is an abomination, completely unnatural, and causes tons of health
issues for them, also not for the squeamish.

Please consider having a look at the link from the UPC about backyard
chickens.  I learned a lot from it, and you might too.

Some of the things we have become accustomed to are quite extreme once we
scale them to "global".  24 BILLION chickens in the world can't be too good
for it, or us.  As your brother sadly learned first hand.

And in 2008 there was bird flu ... aka H5N1.  The backyard chicks mostly
come mail order from factory farms where that kind of organism thrives, so
lots of vaccines and antibiotics are used, plus arsenic.

I won't go into the "humane slaughter" concept here, though it really is
kind of an oxymoron if you think about it.

Sharing all this here out of care for all...including the chickens of
course.  Anyone who wishes to know more about this or any vegan questions
at all, please feel free to get in touch with me directly.  I have been
vegan 8 years, and never felt healthier, though it took some focus at
first.  Now it's just second nature to me.  I believe it's time we all
begin seriously considering at least curtailing consumption of all
animals, so I am thrilled to learn there is a "meat shortage".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cEXfJc6_d0&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR16SnxoZfXx-D1weJ0Srulngb_lZzC8ZSqqjvsBUHUz9EDsUyukYNkbB30