Re: Building modifications
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonme.com)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 08:11:38 -0700 (PDT)
From our experience building at Heartwood Cohousing, I would agree with Sharon.
Do not allow customization of any kind. Customization leads to more potential
construction mistakes, increased costs for everyone (not just the customizers),
and a longer construction timeline.

If possible, create homes that are flexible enough for modifications and
customizations AFTER move-in. For us, one of the main opportunities of that
kind was to include unfinished basements, which about 2/3 of the households
have since finished in the 20 years since move-in.

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"That government is best which governs least."
        - Henry David Thoreau