Re: [ADV] Records Checks for Cohousing Group Members
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 10:48:17 -0700 (PDT)
      No other cohousing group I’ve ever heard of has such a requirement.  The
nature of cohousing is such that it is very difficult to keep secrets within
the community.  People who need to keep their activities secret are not likely
to be attracted to cohousing.  That being said I see no group  liability for
individual criminal behavior, although I am not a lawyer.  You could always ask
a lawyer about the liability issues in Canada.  Cohousing is a neighborhood and
neighbors are not usually held liable for the criminal activities of their
neighbors as far as I’ve ever heard.  I would be concerned that the insisting
group member may have trust and control  issues which would make for
difficulties for the group decision making  process down the road.  No one
always gets their way in cohousing.  Some people can’t stand not having
absolute control and they don’t make good cohousers and usually end up leaving
after creating a lot of upset.
   Bonnie Fergusson
Swans Market Cohousing ( where we just celebrated our 20th anniversary of move
in)
Oakland, CA

Sent from my iPad