Re: Records Checks for Cohousing Group Members
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 11:56:09 -0700 (PDT)
> On May 27, 2020, at 2:12 PM, Allison Tom <allisonrtom [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think that
> it is wise to refrain from a blithe assumption that "bad things can't
> happen in cohousing.” l

I didn’t mean to suggest this, only that voting people in or out is not a good
practice either.

As well, I suspect many things that are irritants in cohousing are not found in
background checks. Dumping person equipment and storage units in common spaces
“temporarily”. Telling guests to just park in any empty space. Planning a group
dinner of outsiders without putting it on the calendar. Planning parties during
times when there are usually community celebrations and not clearing it with
anyone. Putting friends in the guestrooms without making reservations. Always
having to work on workdays. Being too busy to take on any tasks, or playing
dumb: "How could I possibly do that.”

Those are the things that will create unhappiness everyday that a background
check won’t pick up.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines