Re: Stay protected And connected during these times
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 20:19:20 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting question. I’m more concerned about how to stand with my
siblings of color and less concerned with being protected. My community is
pretty securely protected by our race and our wealth. (Both from violence
and from COVID-19).

We are starting study groups of the book “me and white supremacy”. And
letting each other know about situations where we can protest. Discussing
which events are encouraging masks, and the like.

Also, one great outgrowth of the wonderful heart conference last weekend is
a Cohousing discussion group on racial diversity. I expect we will hear
more from that group soon.

I also would love to stay connected and hear how other communities are
caring for their cities. We are far from the city so we haven’t been able
to provide more direct support.

Another round of white flight would certainly be an unfortunate outcome.
I feel some amount of regret to not live in the city. What do others feel?

Liz
Mosaic commons in Berlin MA