Common Meals
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 11:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
       We will not be reopening Common meals in the Common House here at Swans
Market anytime soon.  We have a current policy of masks on in the CH and you
can’t eat with masks on.  When we do decide to reopen common meals we will
probably start with potlucks outside as we have a number of tables on our
walkway  which would allow for social distancing.  Currently the rules in our
County, where the case numbers are still rising, don’t allow for fixing food to
be eaten by people other than those you are sheltering in place with.  When
that changes so we could actually fix Common Dinners we will probably still eat
them outside although the cooking could occur in the
CH kitchen.  We Are fortunate in our outdoor spaces and weather patterns (it
doesn’t rain in the summer here).  What we will do in the winter, God only
knows, but we will probably not be eating Common dinners in our CH the rest of
this year.
       Bonnie Fergusson
      Swans Market Cohousing
     Oakland, California