Re: Common Meals
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 12:20:37 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 7, 2020, at 2:33 PM, fergyb2 via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:

> When we do decide to reopen common meals we will probably start with potlucks
> outside as we have a number of tables on our walkway  which would allow for
> social distancing.  Currently the rules in our County, where the case numbers
> are still rising, don’t allow for fixing food to be eaten by people other
> than those you are sheltering in place with.

We did have Memorial Day picnic outside with everyone bringing their own plate
of food. We have a ground floor piazza surrounded with 2nd and 3rd story
walkways/corridors. It’s easy for everyone to be outside and be distanced.
We’ve been doing Friday Night quaran-singing so people are used to that
configuration and communicate fairly well.

For awhile the DC restrictions covered Condo indoor and outdoor common spaces.
Then they were altered to say no hanging around or clustering in indoor common
spaces, but people were allowed to use outdoor common spaces as long as they
wore masks and were distanced.

Except for the crowd demonstrations, people have been observing distancing and
staying home. For a 6-7 mile vigil yesterday down 16th street from the DC line
to the White House, people were distanced on both sides of the street.

But is getting old. In case you are tempted to relax precautions, one of the
things about Covid 19 that that the medical community has been too busy to look
at or has too little information to acknowledge are the long terms effects. A
growing number of people are beginning to find each other online and report
similar lingering and often debilitating after effects similar to chronic
fatigue syndrome despite testing negative. One suggestion is that the virus is
affecting parts of the body that nasal swabs and saliva are not reaching.

COVID-19 Can Last for Several Months by Ed Yong

The disease’s “long-haulers” have endured relentless waves of debilitating
symptoms—and disbelief from doctors and friends.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/

<https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/>

All of the Atlantic’s articles on Covid are free and very good. In depth and
not over simplistic or lacking evidence.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Save Our Planet. It's the only one with chocolate.