Pre-Thinking + Agenda for Cohousers for Racial Justice Mtg. Saturday
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 13:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
Ann Lehman <ann [at] zimmerman-lehman.com>
apfter pasting the test of attachment (agenda) below.

Sorry I did not get it approved before the event.

FRed

This group "CoHousers for Racial Justice" formed at the last Online
CoHousing Conference.The first meeting will be Saturday, June 13, from
9:30 – 11:00 PS T 12:30-2 pm ESTSee also the new Facebook, Cohousers
for Racial Justice.
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/cohousersforracialjustice/>*

******************************

Greetings, Dear Cohousers For Racial Justice,

I’m grateful to share the attached agenda for our next meeting, taking
place this *Saturday, June 13, from 9:30 – 11:00 PS T 12:30-2 pm EST*

Kindly register in advance for this meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvcuytqDssGdbhx2Y0pn2SkT1Mp5_YAb28
*so that we can plan to accommodate a large, medium, or small group.  After
registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the meeting.

*The full agenda for the meeting is attached.* Thanks to Alan O’Hashi, Ann
Lehman, Dara Knerr, and Liz Magill for their thoughtful participation in
developing the agenda.

You’re invited to do some pre-thinking for the meeting, as our main
discussions will explore these three questions:

a.                *How can cohousing communities individually and
collectively engage in and support existing movements led by people of
color? *

*b.                How can cohousers do our ongoing racial justice work
within ourselves and our communities? *

*c.                How can cohousing communities integrate racial justice
into our higher purpose and daily lives?*

Looking forward to continuing this important work with you all,

*Laurie Lynn*
ll.hogan [at] sonic.net

Cohousers for Racial Justice

Zoom call details:Please register in advance for this meeting so we
can plan to accommodate a large, medium, or small group:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvcuytqDssGdbhx2Y0pn2SkT1Mp5_YAb28

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Meeting Objectives

1. Create welcoming, brave space for addressing racism in our
communities and in our lives
2. Explore three major questions:
a. How can cohousing communities individually and collectively engage
in and support existing movements led by people of color?
b. How can cohousers do our ongoing racial justice work within
ourselves and our communities?
c. How can cohousing communities integrate racial justice into our
higher purpose and daily lives?
3. Determine action items and next steps

Meeting Agenda

1. Welcome and arrival
2. Meeting objectives
3. Terms of engagement
4. Listening session
a. What motivates you to be here?
b. How to fill the time if your answer is short
c. Our jobs as listeners
5. Honoring and harvesting examples of racial justice work already
happening in our communities
6. Sustaining the movement
7. Breakout groups
a. Instructions and logistics
b. Breakout sessions
i. How can cohousing communities individually and collectively engage
in and support existing movements led by people of color?
ii. How can cohousers do our ongoing racial justice work within
ourselves and our communities?
iii. How can cohousing communities integrate racial justice into our
higher purpose and daily lives?
8. Report out
9. Next Steps
10. Closing