Re: Healthy, safe furnishings for a new Common House
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 08:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 14, 2020, at 11:15 AM, Mitchell Darer <mitchell.darer [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:

> As we start to evaluate donated and purchased items, we picture developing
> some criteria for vetting them.  Have any of you been through this?  If so,
> would you please share your criteria or other suggestions and thoughts?

A number of years ago I heard an interview with the CEO of a trash removal
company. They said "the greatest contributors to trash were Baby Boomers
because they threw out everything they owned in order to purchase
environmentally friendly and energy efficient appliances, furniture, fabrics,
heating systems, etc. They are my nightmare.”

Unless there is some huge toxic issue (rare), I would say if it is usable, use
it until it is no longer useable. Even from a household with pets, it can be
steam cleaned.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines
http://sustainablecohousing.org
sustainablecohousing [at] groups.io
To subscribe:
sustainablecohousing+subscribe [at] groups.io