Re: Drastic Downsizing for Village Hearth Cohousing in Durham, NC
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 09:05:49 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 19, 2020, at 1:39 PM, Barbara Simkowski via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l
> [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> One of my new neighbors did not do that.  She came from a distant state,
> also.  Before she came, she decided to divest herself of everything but that
> which she could fit into six boxes of true significance.  She moved in very
> easily, and her moves cost her almost nothing at all.

When I moved to DC to move into cohousing the units were not ready to live in.
I had given up my apt so I had to move. I rented a room in DC and put enough
“stuff” in my VW Bug to live for 2 weeks. Everything else went into storage
with the moving company. The time expanded to 2 months but I can’t remember
really needing anything I had put in storage.

A caution about storage — although the storage was supposed to be air
conditioned, ever appliance from hair cutters to the vacuum cleaner was
unusable. Every rubber part had melted. Since it took forever to unpack and
many things are not used often, I didn’t discover the extent of the problem
until it was too late to file a claim.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines