Online Event: Life is Better Together
From: Karen Gimnig (karencohousgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 16:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
Once again, CohoUS and our community partner, Casa Verde Commons, are
shifting with the times and converting a live event to a great online
opportunity.

Register Today for Life is Better Together - July 24 - 25.

All the details and registration at
https://www.cohousing.org/simple-series/2020-casa/

See session descriptions below.  We look forward to seeing you there!

Bryan Bowen

Cohousing 101

In this session you will hear a little bit about the many types of
intentional communities including cohousing. Bryan will talk about what
makes cohousing different than ‘other’ HOA’s. He’ll describe some general
characteristics and define some vocabulary. Then he’ll dig in a bit to what
is helpful for planning board members to know or how zoning codes can be
satisfied by a community’s plan.

Dick Kohlhaas and Joan Huntley

Touring Casa Verde Commons

Founding members Dick and Joan will give a virtual tour of Casa Verde
describing life there while pointing out some features of the community.
You’ll even get a peak inside one of the units!

Alan O’Hashi

The Secret Sauce

Alan will be presenting what the ‘secret sauce’ of cohousing is and how it
diffuses into the larger community. He’ll present a couple of different
case studies in relation to current world happenings.

Karin Hoskin and Alan O’Hashi

Cohousing 101

The basics of cohousing, general characteristics, and common vocabulary.
And introducing the cohousing ‘secret sauce’.

Joan Huntley and Angela Sullivan

Pets, Parenting, Parking and Pandemics!

These Casa Verde Commons members will talk about things that can lead to
conflict within a community, CVC’s policies and how they created those
policies.

Michelle Rodriguez, Barb Kohlhaas and Christina Rader

Is Cohousing for Me?

All at different life stages, all from different backgrounds and all in
different circumstances … all choosing cohousing. These CVC members will
share their stories and why cohousing is for them.

Fran Larkin, Judy Wilkinson

People and Participation

Members from three different cohousing communities will present their
community’s policies. Then open it for discussion with prompts such as ‘is
it important?’ ‘why is it important?’ and ‘how do we get more?!’
--
Karen Gimnig
Communications Director