Re: Feedback requested: Accommodations for disabilities
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 10:13:10 -0700 (PDT)
Jean Hopkins <seaheidi [at] earthlink.net>
due to a format problem.  The listserv does not handle html only
posts very well.

At Burlington Cohousing East Village in Vermont our 18 unit apartment/common
house is accessible with an elevator and automatic front door.  Some of the
bathrooms in the apartments are accessible with walk-in showers.  We paved
the patio for easier wheelchair access and are planning permeable paving for
the walkway (now gravel) that goes past the townhouses.
The townhouses and 2 single family homes are less accessible for
wheelchairs.  Plans to build ramps to them became more difficult with city
codes.  Eventually architects will realize how important ramps are.  They
are easier to shovel snow off of too!
Jean Hopkins