taking minutes for a Zoom meeting
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT)
I take most of the meeting minutes for our plenary meetings and for the
meetings we hold a week ahead that set the plenary meeting agenda (among
other tasks).

I have found it harder to do via Zoom. People's audio isn't always clear; I
lose track of late arrivals to add to the list of attendees nor do I always
notice who left the meeting after a few minutes; it isn't always clear
which spouse is in the meeting. Most annoyingly, I can't always tell who is
speaking. My solution for that has become to not identify speakers and do
more summarizing, which might be an overall positive for minutes readers.
I've thought of asking everyone to say their name before speaking, but I
don't know if that would happen consistently enough to be worth bringing
up. Occasionally I interject "who is speaking?"

I am curious about other minute-takers' experience in this online meeting
environment.
  Muriel at Shadowlake Village