Re: taking minutes for a Zoom meeting
From: Jessie Kome (jehakome.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 15:29:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

This year, I am the lead meeting facilitator at Eastern Village Cohousing in
Silver Spring, Maryland. I do have an assigned note-taker for every meeting.
They take notes into a Google doc that all the meeting attendees have access to
and can help edit during the meeting. The official note-taker is responsible
for, at minimum, recording the agenda, who attended the meeting, the topics
actually discussed, and any decisions. Everything else is extra. Some
note-takers try to provide very detailed notes, but it isn’t required.

The advantage of this method is that the minutes are pretty much complete when
the meeting ends. I review them and created a locked copy I email around for
any comments and to be filed with our records.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Where our “virtual courtyard” is open on zoom around the clock, so neighbors
can just drop in. Concerts, tea time, eating together and other cohousing magic
just happens.”