Re: Experience with community sanitary systems?
From: Bob Morrison (rhmorrisonaol.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 06:58:05 -0700 (PDT)
  Here at Mosaic Commons, we have two cohos with 68 units total. We have a
private septic system that uses the Bioclere process. It has mostly worked out
OK. We can't put anything other than bodily waste and toilet paper down our
toilets. For example, if we put strong cleaning compounds down our drains, they
can kill the good bacteria that are essential to the septic process.
  Private water and sewer systems are expensive, in both capital and operating
costs. Municipal systems are less expensive per household due to economy of
scale.

Bob MorrisonMosaic Commons CohousingBerlin, MA