2 short-term rentals in Oakland CA, Kingfisher Cohousing
From: Jenny Guy (jenstermeistergmail.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 13:25:41 -0700 (PDT)
Two short term rentals at Kingfisher Cohousing in Oakland. Both are
available August 15, 2020 for short-term month-to-month rentals. Flexible
from one to six months.

This is a great chance to experience this small, thriving cohousing
community!

www.BrookdaleCommons.org

One bedroom, one bath 525 square feet. This is a charming, renovated unit
with lots of light, a large kitchen and wood floors throughout. $2,150 per
month, all utilities and wifi included. Basic furnishings provided. This is
our only unit with air conditioning! Ground floor, single story, with
updated soundproofing.

Two bedroom, one bath, 850 square feet. Very large kitchen. One large and
one small bedroom. This is a downstairs unit, so it stays cool in the
summer even though there is no A/C. There is a family upstairs, so you will
hear the normal sounds of living in an old apartment building. This unit
has some funky qualities, like generous but mismatched kitchen cabinets,
and some patchwork areas of flooring, but it's a lovely place to live. $2,
375 per month, all utilities and wifi included. Basic furnishings provided.

About our community: We are thriving in the time of Covid because we still
have our common meals, with some modifications: we sit 6 feet apart in our
beautiful courtyard, and bring our own food. This has been wonderful in
this challenging time, keeping us from being isolated. We are a group of 5
adults, plus one shy teenager who doesn't usually attend community meals.

Even in this urban space there are lots of places to grow flowers and food.
The bees and hummingbirds love our garden, and we're growing tomatoes,
figs, cucumbers, squash, string beans and basil.

On Sunday August 9th we'll have an open house for seriously interested
folks only. This will be real, not virtual, socially distanced outdoors,
BYO food and drink. Bring a mask, but you don't have to wear it when
outdoors and 6 feet apart. Brunch at 11 – remember, BYO food and drink –
followed by self-guided tour of the apartment you're interested in, one
person at a time. After that, please stick around to help us in the garden.

Please contact us if you'd like to attend, or to set up a meeting at a
different time. We will limit this to 4 or 5 guests.

Jenny

510-843-3239 - best times to phone are between 8 am and 8 pm Pacific time.
Text or email any time.