Insurance question for cohousing condo communities
From: Kathleen Groshong (kathleengroshonggmail.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 14:56:28 -0700 (PDT)
Our attorney has recommended revised insurance language in the process of
updating our declaration:
1) requiring individual homeowner condo insurance of each unit owner,
including loss assessment coverage in amount at least equal to
Association's deductible and
2) assessing the owner for repair costs for damages, up to deductible
amount if not caused  through owner negligence/misconduct or maximum amount
of repair costs if caused by negligence/misconduct.

These would be changes for us.  We are seeking responses from other condo
cohousing communities-Do you have or did you consider similar language?
What has been your community experience? Any thoughts welcome.  Insurance
world is very confusing.  Please also feel free to reply directly to me at
kathleengroshong [at] gmail.com.

Thank you,
Kathleen Groshong
Puget Ridge Cohousing Association, Seattle WA
kathleengroshong [at] gmail.com