Will You Be My New Neighbor?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 21:53:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all —

I can’t believe it!  The Resale and Rental POD (team) at Takoma Village
Cohousing  togetherin Washington, DC is helping another family undertake a For
Sale By Owner (FSBO) sale of their home.  We are sad to see this family leave
our community.

But … this is now an opportunity for other folks to join our neighborhood.
It’s even nicer than Mr. Rogers’s …

You can own this home in our close-knit multigenerational community where
neighbors know and look out for each other.  When we’re not quarantined we eat
together a lot, we work together to maintain our nest, and, we play together.
Now, still under some strict quarantine directives from The Mayor,  we honor
and show respect for each other by wearing masks indoors and outdoors (with
some specified exceptions), physically keeping our distance from each other and
continuing carrying on our business via zoom.  We’ve even figured out how to
have our outdoor Workshare Days work within the confinements of this pandemic.
It’s been a challenge but we/ve done it.

Now, in my “official” capacity as a member of our Resales & Rental POD I am
spreading the word about this home for sale.

It’s a 2BR / 1BA flat.  It’s one of the nicest floor plans we have here at TVC.

$420,000

While it’s true that the sale of our homes is very fast, if you like the home,
make an offer.  The sellers will take back-up contracts.

To provide safety for all parties concerned, the home will be shown BY
APPOINTMENT ONLY on Saturday, August 15.  (If you are from out of town please
contact the seller to arrange another showing.)  Masks and physical distancing
required on site.

See a detailed sales flyer for the home on our website:

https://www.takomavillage.org/page/39042~803412/Sales-Rentals-and-Tours

Please contact the seller directly to schedule a time to see the home.

Christopher Samsen
(203) 912-8745
christopher.samsen [at] gmail.com

Please don’t contact me — that will only slow down getting in touch w/ the
correct person.

Be sure to check out our Guide for Prospective Residents and other info on our
website as well:

https://www.takomavillage.org/Page/39042~755756/Guide-for-Prospective-Residents

On our website we have a lot of information about what it’s like to live at
Takoma Village.  All of our governing documents are on the website for you to
peruse in advance of making a decision about living here.  We also have a good
deal of material informing prospective residents on how to buy a FSBO home.
Please take advantage of the information we have provided.

So.  Will you be my new neighbor?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

It may be that when we no longer know what to do,
we have come to our real work
and when we no longer know which way to go,
we have begun our real journey.
The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.

–Wendell Berry, “Our Real Work”

NOTE: Please add my new email address to your CONTACTS list.   I’m
transitioning to this new email address.  Please start using annzabaldo [at]
me.com