Re: Common meals?
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 15:06:01 -0700 (PDT)
We went back to common meals when our numbers were low--I'd encourage
going back now--since you may have to stop again when the numbers grow
again.

We bought takeout containers at a restaurant supply. Cooks and
assistant cooks decide whether to cook together (with masks) or
separately. Clean-up doesn't come until after the meal is distributed
(used to start while we finished cooking).
Many or all of the clean-up teams are family units or people who share
a pod. Our kitchen is large enough that one person can run the
dishwasher, one do leftovers and counter and stove cleaning, and
third-person cleans the great room.

Eaters say in their sign-up if they are doing takeout or "eat-in".
Most eat-in is on our porch, 6 foot distancing of family units from
each other.
Most people choose take out, but still enjoy the chance to see each
other from a distance and for a short period of time.

Cooks and assistants pack all meals either onto a plate or into a take
out container--no buffet line.

Beyond that all cooking should follow ServSafe regulations and there
is no evidence that any additional precautions are needed for food
items.

We have reduced meals to once a week (instead of 3x) because we have
fewer volunteers.

Liz Mosaic Commons Cohousing Berlin, MA