Intentional community as a covid strategy
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:44:37 -0700 (PDT)
The first half of the podcast below is related to cohousing - tho I'm
reluctant to calling the intentional community "cohousing"
since it is only 4 households. (The term cohousing is used.)
Otherwise it sounds like a cohousing community with a very high degree
of communitas.

This podcast is not from the usual cohousing advocates but rather
from:

 The Intercept is an award-winning news organization dedicated to
 holding the powerful accountable through fearless, adversarial
 journalism. Its in-depth investigations and unflinching analysis focus
 on politics, war, surveillance, corruption, the environment,
 technology, criminal justice, the media, and more. The Intercept gives
 its journalists the editorial freedom and legal support they need to
 expose corruption and injustice wherever they find it.
https://theintercept.com/

This episode:
Escape From the Nuclear Family: Covid-19 Should Provoke a Rethink of
How We Live

Guest host Naomi Klein is joined by Movement Generation's Gopal
Dayaneni and Rutgers University professor Neil Maher.

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/05/escape-from-the-nuclear-family-
covid-19-should-provoke-a-re-think-of-how-we-live-coronavirus-naomi-
klein-civilian-conservation-corps/

-------- "pods and covid" -----------

The podcast uses the term "pod" (unrelated to "podcast").

>One idea that some families are considering -- and that infectious
>disease epidemiologists think might be a smart way to balance mental
>health needs with physical safety -- is to create quarantine
>"pods" or "bubbles," in which two or three families agree to
>socialize with one another but no one else. In a pod, families hang
>out together, often without regard to social distancing -- but
>outside of the pod, they follow recommended social distancing rules.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/parenting/coronavirus-pod-family.html

The Orchard IC featured in the podcast with 4 households corresponds
closer to the pods described in the NYT article.  Have any cohousing
communites divided themselves into pods in the Covid era?

I presume the numbers relate to the probability of catching the virus
tho regretably I have not seen any detailed discussion of this. There
are many fctors besides numbers so it is complicated.

Fred