Re: The Villager Movement
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 07:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
Do  you mean the Village to Village Network — the movement that helps people
Age in Place?  Villages are organized locally. They help  seniors stay in their
homes w/ support from an organization of people in the geographic area created
to provide these services.  Beacon Hill in Boston was the first Village to
organize a neighborhood to provide support and services to seniors in the area.
 Beacon Hill created the format for this kind of organization. The organization
is mostly volunteers.  They do some really good work. I’ve been impressed w/
their support offerings.  I’ve been to a number of the local Village’s meetings
here.  There are more than

You can check that out here:

https://www.vtvnetwork.org <https://www.vtvnetwork.org/>

Although I totally appreciate and support many aspects of  the work that VtoV
does it has limitations.   But you know — different strokes for different
folks.  It’s important to have a RANGE of options for housing and community.

The best person I know who can fill you in on this movement is Raines Cohen.
He posts here quite a bit.  I’m sure he will see your email and be in touch w/
you.  If you don’t hear from him, contact me directly and I will put you in
touch.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

It may be that when we no longer know what to do,
we have come to our real work
and when we no longer know which way to go,
we have begun our real journey.
The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.

–Wendell Berry, “Our Real Work”

NOTE: Please add my new email address to your CONTACTS list.   I’m
transitioning to this new email address.  Please start using annzabaldo [at]
me.com