Re: The Villager Movement
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 06:58:06 -0700 (PDT)
On 19 Aug 2020 Raines Cohen wrote (in part) :

>The idea [of The Villager Movement] is that members pool funds
>(typically $500-1000 per member per year) to create a not-for-profit
>organization (aka NGO), hire staff and rent an office, and/or
>volunteer (given that many founders are retired and have skills and
>life experience) to organize services

>I've been participating in their conferences over the past 15 years,
>and volunteering with my local community, Ashby Village in Berkeley,
>California.

Hi Raines,

Thanks for your explanation.  A few questions you may be able to answer:

How many members do v2v groups typically have?
What is the typical geographic distribution of members?
 Are they typically within walking distance?
Do they typically have a space similar to a common house?  How similar?
Are they more staff / social service oriented compared to cohousing?
How do these two v2v websites relate? (My guess below)
https://www.vtvnetwork.org       (Vtv)
https://www.helpfulvillage.com   (Help)

After studying these sites more I've tentatively concluded:

Vtv is the nonprofit organization of v2v's (and other similar groups?)

Help is a commercial service to vtv's.  It has links to the Vtv.

Both have maps
Vtv's is much more extensive Vtv:277 in US,
Help:51 (vtv's that use Help (?))

Fred