Re: community values
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 09:01:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Susan,

A good exercise.  I hope that when you have collected all of these
value statements, that you will share them somewhere on the cohous
website.  At Cambridge Cohousing, for our twenty year anniversary, we
came to consensus on the following statement.
Diane Margolis

Values Statement

At Cambridge Cohousing, we value and strive toward:

Welcoming and respecting our differences: including age,
religious/spiritual practice, race, backgrounds, physical and
cognitive ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Being good neighbors, developing a social environment that supports
mutual concern, respect, well-being, and joy in each other.
Self-governing in a way that ensures everyone is heard and builds
trust through transparency, reliability, and accountability.
Putting the good of the community over personal preferences.
Caring for our community property, and being stewards of our local and
global environmental resources.
Engaging equitably through our care, time and work in our community
while recognizing that individuals contribute in many ways.
Being reliable members who commit to and follow through on the work
that needs to be done.
Acknowledging and working with our conflicts and seeing them as
opportunities for community and individual growth.
Recognizing our responsibility to the humanitarian needs of our larger
community and the wider world. (2017)