Cohousing traffic studies
From: Midcoast Cohousing (midcoastcohousinggmail.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 11:15:59 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone have information on cohousing traffic volume — number of trips per
day, etc — compares with standard traffic models?  Our forming cohousing
community would like to have that info when talking with town officials.

There are some posts from 2002 that mentioned a 1996 study of the 18 cohousing
communities and an EPA funding study of Nyland that suggested 25% fewer car
trips per household, but I haven’t tracked down the actual studies.  And it
would be great if there were more recent and broader studies to refer to.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide…

Rozanna

Rozanna Patane
Midcoast Cohousing LLC
PO Box 592