Re: Need information on Common House use
From: Barbara Smith (brownsmith82yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 08:45:24 -0700 (PDT)
 Thank you for your quick response -- believe me, every bit helps!Barbara
    On Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:56:43 AM EDT, Diane <dianeclaire [at]
gmail.com> wrote:

 hi Barbara,
Please check with CRN, the Cohousing Researchers Network,  At
Cambridge Cohousing we don't use our commonshouse during covd-19, but
in normal times we us it everyday.  We have meals in the dining room
that we prepare in the kitchen about twice a week.  The kids use the
kids room and the rec room every day (but you will be a senior coho
sso you won't have kids or a kids room); The living room is not used
on a daily basis, but the laundry room is.  So how often a room is
used depends on the purpose of the room.
Diane

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 10:21 AM Barbara Smith via Cohousing-L
<cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> I am with Middlesex Senior Co-housing, which hopes to build the region's
> first senior co-housing development on property we've optioned in Littleton,
> MA. Our plans are before the Littleton Planning Board and among their
> questions is: why do we need a common house? (I know -- this does not
> strictly relate to the zoning bylaw, but we're trying to reassure them in as
> many ways as possible.) One member maintains that a Common House is "never
> used". Before the next Planning Board meeting (in a few weeks) I want to
> present results of a short survey of  co-housing communities' use of their
> common house. Could anyone out there please help us out by answering a few
> questions?
>

> 1. How often is your common house used -- on a daily, weekly or monthly basis?
>
> 2. For what purposes do people use your common house? (As many uses as
> possible!)
>

> Many thanks from all of us in Middlesex Senior Cohousing!Barbara B Smith

Diane Margolis
175 Richdale Av.
Cambridge, MA 02140
617 354 1349