Re: Need information on Common House use
From: Lisa Kuntz (lisa.kuntzgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 12:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
CH use, Daybreak Cohousing, Portland Oregon:
For almost 3 months we sanitized our CH daily and use was restricted. Now, we
ask people to sanitize after they’ve used an area.
Used daily and frequently after 3 month hiatus:
Mailboxes: They are in CH entryway, so residents intersect with one another
even during COVID.
Computer and printer:  They are are in CH library, used during COVID, but less
frequently.
Dining tables: Used during COVID by members setting up machines and sewing
masks.
Used daily and frequently pre-COVID:
Media room with games:  TV watching, piano practice, game playing
Kids’ room: Used daily by kids and grandkids in our intergenerational community.
Bathrooms: 2 handicap accessible bathrooms.
CH dining / gathering area:  Members of North Star Senior Village hosted
monthly potlucks for our group, as well as small gatherings for other purposes.
 Our CH is especially valued because of multiple ADA features: auto door
opener, wide doors, room to maneuver wheelchairs/walkers, accessible kitchen,
abundant grab bars in bathrooms, elevator to CH level for wheelchair users.
CH in general:  Team meetings are held here every day throughout the week,
monthly plenary is held here, meals occur several times a month.
Library:  Hanging out, reading, chatting, meetings.

Lisa Kuntz
DB Coho