Re: Need information on Common House use
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 13:16:09 -0700 (PDT)
   Pre Covid-19 our Common House was used daily.  We held common dinners 3
times a week.  Several people used the space to work on Ph.D and volunteer
projects during weekdays because they could spread out their materials on the
large tables and for companionship.  Our HOA meetings and committee meetings
(Of which there are many) were held  in the Common  House before we had to
switch to zoom.  Community celebrations such as birthday parties,
anniversaries, graduation parties, baby showers, wedding rehearsal dinners,
music concerts, memorials, political meetings such as the league of women
voters and candidate speaking nights, business meetings such as the small
business association and various work groups, census leader meetings, etc.
Christmas cookie decorating, pumpkin carving Halloween parties, New Years Tea
(an annual tradition), community Thanksgiving potluck, Fourth of July party,
cooking projects such as large scale cookie making or canning, Board Game
potluck events.  Large puzzles put together over multiple days/nights, MahJong,
CORE trainings (CORE stands for Communities of Oakland Respond to Emergencies
the local version of CERT), annual Earthquake preparedness exercise, monthly
massage day when a masseuse comes in and sets up in our common space and
members can sign up to get a massage for cheaper than usual rates, and of
course there is our well used laundry room, exercise room, guest bedroom for
when family or friends come to visit, and Our workshop where numerous craft and
work projects are conducted, also coffee roasting.        This doesn’t even
count the daily use of the kids room which might not be relevant to your
project.
Hope this helps.  Best of luck.
   Bonnie Fergusson
Swans Market Cohousing