Re: Common House usage
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 15:21:22 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 26, 2020, at 6:09 PM, Del Holland via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:

> To the contrary, we, at Prairie Hill, in Iowa City, Iowa, while not a senior
> cohousing community,  have found our kid’s room, pre-Covid, got much use from
> grandchildren

Other senior communities, cohousing or not, have mentioned this as important.
It encourages both adult children and grandchildren to visit.

When my aunt and uncle retired and downsized from their large family home, the
first thing my uncle did was go out and build a big treehouse, a tire swing,
and a sand box. He said otherwise no one would visit.

We also found that it was visiting grandchildren who were using the room and
most frequently leaving it a mess because the grandparents hadn’t been included
in planning or orientations or reminders to clean.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC