Re: FW: Need information on Common House use
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 06:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 26, 2020, at 3:16 PM, Grace Kim <grace [at] schemataworkshop.com>
> wrote:

> Our common house is VERY used. I would argue that the Common House is the
> crucible for community life in cohousing - this is VERY different than your
> standard condo/HOA situation where there is a "club house" available for
> resident rental/use. Those are unprogrammed places that are sold as
> "amenities". The Common House has a very different function and is integral
> to the success for cohousing communities.

I agree with this, but if the planning board is questioning the common house,
it might be helpful to point out that such amenities are now expected by people
who buy condos. Not all cost extra and some are used daily by numbers of people.

In some areas condos do not exist or there are so few people are not aware of
how they work.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines