Re: HOA Dues Structures
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 13:18:51 -0700 (PDT)
I meant to put a note at the top of that last post to say, yes it is long but
please read it. I think the Piketty’s research is ground-breaking and
encouraging in laying out what all of us can do to correct inequality.

Another example he cites is that when people are required to work with people
different than themselves, they do have more positive evaluations of them. In
India a certain number of seats are set aside in government for women and
groups that are underprivileged in a particular area. The political parties
have to fill those seats with people who represent those groups.

And it works in terms of changing attitudes, I suspect much faster than
workshops on cultural understanding. It think those are important and can be
helpful but in terms of correcting the injustices in our society, going
straight the things you can measure is more effective.

Sharon
——
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Takoma Village Cohousing