Making policy during COVID and COVID transitions
From: fernselzer (fernselzeraol.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 14:11:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,
Our community, New Brighton Cohousing in Aptos, CA has recently been
transitioning into more usage of the common house, after many months of minimal
usage.  We are also having more community activities.     I am imagining that
we will  need to keep gradually transitioning and changing our usage rules.  I
am wondering how  we can have a more fluid approach to policy change that
actually works and does not burden people with too many emails and
conversations, etc.
We have been making decisions by the whole community, which has made any
transitions really slow.  So....some people had loosened up in anticipation as
things felt safer, while others were careful to follow the rules until formally
changed, which led to some bad feelings between those groups.  Other
discomforts were for those with preexisting conditions or older; not trusting
that  rules are being followed by others caused them to be more withdrawn or
reluctant to participate in community activities.
I'm thinking you are all having similar issues to navigate and I request any
thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks,
Fern