Re: Making policy during COVID and COVID transitions
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 12:54:49 -0700 (PDT)
We have not made any covid rules.  The idea pops up but no one has made a
proposal to come to consensus on.

Our common house was never closed—several people need it for work as they
try to find quiet places for meetings with a house full of kids.

The fitness team did change to having folk sign-up to use the space, and
one family at high risk has asked that everyone wear a mask even if alone
in the mailroom/hub. As best I can tell folk are following that.

Another person asked for people’s to sign up for even casual common house
uses, this allows others to decide if the space is safe for them.

Meals team recently instituted an optional “eat-in” choice for meals—only a
few people do this and mostly outside on the porch.

Everyone follows the mask if you are closer than 6’, avoid large groups
guidelines most of the time.

I was assisting a parent with a temper tantrum the other day and asked the
child if I could take off my mask. They paused the tantrum to say clearly
“no! Covid” before continuing the tantrum. So I guess we are doing okay.

Liz
Mosaic commons Cohousing, Berlin, MA
Where we have no cases but the next town over is a hot spot.