Re: Making policy during COVID and COVID transitions
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 14:27:26 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 3, 2020, at 5:11 PM, Fern Selzer/US/CA/95003/NBC via Cohousing-L
> <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> We have been making decisions by the whole community, which has made any
> transitions really slow.  So....some people had loosened up in anticipation
> as things felt safer, while others were careful to follow the rules until
> formally changed, which led to some bad feelings between those groups.

We have a working group of people who formed to deal with Covid. 2-3 have
training in public health and emergency management. They watch the city
requirements and read the latest information, and adjust requirements
accordingly.

There is no penalty for not following them but everyone does. They aren’t
complicated — wear a mask in public areas unless outside and well distanced
from others. Wash hands frequently. One or two people in the CH at a time —this
applies to people working on computers there or watching TV, not just passing
through. People can reserve the smaller rooms — exercise, TV, office, etc. — to
use one at a time. Guest Rooms closed and visitors in general discouraged.
People who have gone away get tested when they come back and quarantine until
they have the results.

Last week they were thinking about how many  people can be in the great room
with masks and be distanced. But an article yesterday said with ill-fitting
masks, you can’t  even be behind someone— the aerosol can go out the edges of
the mask to the back.

I posted it on this page — first post

https://sustainablecohousing.org