Re: Shared Internet [was HOA Dues Structures
From: Yochai Gal (yochaigalgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 11:58:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hello. I'm a network engineer/sysadmin by trade, so this interests me
highly.

Is that 200/20 each unit, or total? And aside from the WAN failover between
the two ISPs, do you also Do load balancing (e.g. combine both connections
for a faster connection)?

200/20 shared between 34 units is paltry for that size, even considering
low-usage per household. Frankly I'd be amazed if this was the case. The
biggest issue would be the upload speed, but even then 200Mbps down split
34 ways with average usage isn't ideal.

The city our community resides in (Northampton, MA) is considering
community fiber, but until then we are sort of stuck with Comcast cable per
household, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info!