Re: The Fires & Other Equally Disturbing Trials & Tribulations
From: Lauren Lake (laurenlake161gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 06:46:55 -0700 (PDT)
Ann,

Thanks for reaching out. I was on that bus with you at the 2019 Coho Conference
in Portland. I ended up moving in to one of the communities we toured: Green
Grove Cohousing in Forest Grove. That tour holds a special place in my heart.

We are all safe. We have two smaller fires nearby which seem to be under
control. For two nights we used our guest rooms to house an associate member
family who had been evacuated. We have a member bringing us the latest
information from her job at the state forestry department, and an associate
member out working at a fire incident command center. Also, a member took food
from our garden to a friend who is housing and feeding a number of evacuees.

At our location, the main hazard is just the smoke. If any groups in the
forming/designing stage are wondering if the costs of airtight construction and
high-end HVAC systems with HEPA filters are worth it, the answer is definitely
YES!

Lauren