Re: Orientation/Owners manuals
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 04:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Vicki
Two things:
1. Yes, you're right in your assumption- I'm looking for the 'handbook' or
'orientation' or 'resident's manual' document.
Ours also was a mish-mash of short paragraphs created lovingly and
collectively by a large number of residents over the years. It was sort of
a 'crazy-quilt' written in wildly diverse styles with a lot of information
that over the 13 years we've been open has been changed.
So we've been updating it, and were curious as to:
- Format (.pdf? paper? online and interactive?)
- Topics covered (death?! Now I'm dying to know what that entry
contains...!)
- Structure
- Level of detail
The couple I've been sent so far have given me some ideas for topics we
might add. If you're willing to send us yours, I will not distribute or
plagiarize, and will permanently delete after perusal!
And it's affirming to hear that others, also, have a sort 'we built this
manual while we were building and learning to fly the plane' feel.
2. I think you might put your second question as a separate thread. It's an
intriguing question, and I, for one, would not consider a, HOA where
residents have to do nothing to support the community a 'CoHousing'. But
I'm also wary of being the 'CoHousing mafia', and am interested in other's
takes on this
Appreciatively
Chris