Using Realtors with cohousing communities in pre-construction
From: Alpenglow CoHousing (infoalpenglowcohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 09:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

We at Alpenglow CoHousing in Ridgway Colorado are writing to see if any
other forming communities in pre-construction have used realtors to help
sell "units."  If so, what do you see as the advantages and sticking points?

We are concerned about being able to be involved in prospective members
brought in by realtors--particularly any legal constraints through the Fair
Housing Act, etc.

We also do not know how realtors work, create contracts when there are no
actual units built to sell.  We do not yet have our preliminary plat
approval either.

We need to sell quite a few more memberships but Covid and its consequences
have really slowed down interest.  This has increased our thinking of
working with realtors.

Please share your thoughts and experiences!
With gratitude and in community,  Sarah M

--
Alpenglow is an intentional neighborhood being built in Ridgway, Colorado
where residents can live simply, caring for one another and sharing
House. For more information, please find us at alpenglowcohousing.org