12 Unit Cohousing - Too Small?
From: Scott Wild (wildscottgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:39:59 -0700 (PDT)
First listserv post so bear with me!

We recently met some kind, motivated folks forming a cohousing group
around a 1.5 acre parcel near a small city. They're aggressively
pursuing the parcel as land in the area is rare, expensive, and zoned
for large single family homes.

Due to zoning restrictions they're planning on 12 approx. 1,000-1,500
sq ft cottages, and don't seem immediately interested in lobbying the
city for more dense permitting - a la duplex/quadplex construction.

Does anyone have familiarity with smaller cohousing communities? I'm
aware of Capitol Hill Urban Cohousing, which seems quite successful at
9 units, but they're in a fully urban environment.

Thanks for your input!
Scott