Re: 12 Unit Cohousing - Too Small?
From: Vicki Rittner (vickirittnergmail.com)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 16:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
I believe there are many who would be interested in a coho project of this
size, especially if it can be built in an area like the one you're
describing.

On a 1.5 acre parcel of land, each of 12 cottages would sit on a 3630sf
piece of that parcel. But you have to allow for setbacks on all 4 sides, so
the actual size of an individual lot would be much less.

Depending on where this is, getting the zoning changed to allow this to
move forward is probably your biggest obstacle. Small homes always have a
much higher cost/SF, which is why this concept is a hard one to pull off in
the real world.

But I would love to live there.

Vicki