Re: 12 Unit Cohousing - Too Small?
From: eva (evaolympus.net)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 05:20:56 -0700 (PDT)
We are in the process of developing an 8-unit cohousing community just
outside of Port Townsend, Washington. We know that it is pushing the
boundaries of smallness, for all the social and work-related issues
discussed, but the site is unlikely to be able to accommodate more homes
for a variety of reasons (slope, runoff, septic, road). Chuck Durrett
did our feasibility study, and initially wanted to talk about more
density, until he saw the site. He talked about small (in the 8-unit
range) cohousing developments that are happening in Denmark - it seems
doable.
We are not so close to Port Townsend that members can walk to stores or
other social events, but we do have over 16 acres of wilderness that
people can hike around in and be alone in nature.
It will be interesting to see how the "enough labor to get it done"
thing works out. In community, Eva Holm
www.newtcrossing.org [1]